Warning Signs of Mathematics
Disorder or Dyscalculia
In Preschool and Kindergarten stages
- Difficulty counting objects one by one.
- Mixes up numbers when counting in sequence.
- Constantly counting from ONE only.
- Has difficulty connecting written numerals to the number of objects.
- Has difficulty following a pattern.
In Primary School
- Trouble recalling maths facts.
- Doesn’t know which operation to apply in story sums.
- Calculating in columns is confusing.
In Secondary School
- Math remains an academic subject.
- Dislikes using measuring spoons and cups.
- Has directional problems.
- Hates reading charts and graphs.
- Not flexible in problem-solving.
- Does not enjoy activities that require estimation.
- Great difficulty with algebra.